[Burning Bush] Don't forget tomorrow night

brningbushmusic at aol.com brningbushmusic at aol.com
Sun Apr 18 11:54:03 EDT 2010

Be sure to tune to KEDT 90.3 FM or KVRT 90.7 FM to "Some Call It Folk" at 7 P.M. EVERY SUNDAY NIGHT.
Hi, Everyone,
We've got a great show coming our way this month.  Their new-comers to Corpus but most of you will be very familiar with them.  They often appear on Garrison Keillor's "A Prarie Home Companion".  Or, perhaps you've seen them at a festival or on TV.  But, trust me when I say that, as many great artists as we've had over the last ten years we've never had anyone of this caliber or fame.  We've got Robin & Linda Williams and Their Fine Group coming our way.  Tell your friends and let's have a huge turn-out for them.  They will also be appearing with me on Some Call It folk.

Check out the new Burning Bush website at http://burningbushconcerts.com. ; Thank you, James.

Please join me and my friends as...

PARKWAY CONCERT SERIES
AND
THE BURNING BUSH COFFEEHOUSE
presents

Robin & Linda Williams
and Their Fine Group

MONDAY, APRIL 19, 2010

7:30 p.m.

Robin and Linda Williams are like your next-door neighbors — assuming your neighbors are the salt-of-the-earth and top-flight performers to boot. One minute you picture borrowing a cup of sugar from these two; the next, you’re completely stunned by their jaw-dropping talent. Bottom line: You feel right at home at a Robin and Linda concert, and their music stays with you like an old friend.

Favorites of fans and promoters alike, they have crisscrossed the continent (and beyond) for more than three decades, performing the tunes they love — a hearty blend of bluegrass, folk, old-time and acoustic country. From The Grand Ole Opry to Austin City Limits, Music City Tonight to Mountain Stage, clubs, festivals and countless other venues, Robin and Linda never cease to wow audiences wherever they go.

"... vocally and instrumentally, the Williamses combine impeccable musical discipline with a bare simplicity and an utter lack of pretension."
— Stephen Holden, The New York Times

Their chops don’t stop at singing. They are also first-class instrumentalists and superb songwriters, able to, as The Washington Post put it, "sum up a life in a few details with moving completeness." It’s why their compositions have been recorded by the likes of Emmylou Harris, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Tom T. Hall, Kathy Mattea, Tim and Mollie O’Brien, George Hamilton IV and The Seldom Scene.
The couple met in 1971. Linda — originally from Alabama — was teaching school in South Carolina. Robin, who grew up in North Carolina, had been making
the cake. These days, they make their home in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia.
Their first album came out on a small Minnesota-based record label in 1975, the same year they debuted on A Prairie Home Companion. Their association with the popular public radio program has landed them on major stages from Carnegie Hall to
the Hollywood Bowl. As half of The Hopeful Gospel Quartet, they have collaborated on several CDs with the show’s host, Garrison Keillor, and were prominently featured in the 2006 film "A Prairie Home Companion," directed by master filmmaker Robert Altman.
"Among contemporary country performers,
Robin and Linda Williams shine like
a diamond amid rhinestones…."
— David W. Johnson, The Boston Globe
Of the many recordings Robin and Linda have offered up over the years, you’d be hard pressed to settle on a favorite. Whether their early productions like Shenandoah Moon and Dixie Highway Sign or later albums such as Sugar for Sugar and Devil of a Dream or the more recent Deeper Waters, The First Christmas Gift, Radio Songs and Buena Vista — each is a worthy addition to any music lover’s collection.

R&L (as their pals are apt to call them) are in constant demand, along with Their Fine Group, which formed after they teamed up with former Red Clay Rambler Jim Watson (bass, vocals and mandolin). The fourth chair of the Fine Group rotates between Jimmy Gaudreau (veteran of The Country Gentlemen, J. D. Crowe, The Tony Rice Unit, Chesapeake and Aldridge, and Bennett & Gaudreau) on mandolin and mandola, mandolin ace Tony Williamson, dobro wizard Kevin Maul, or dynamic fiddler Chris Brashear. Whatever the configuration, the band keeps the joint jumpin’.

Robin and Linda Williams — dynamic, hilarious and better than ever.

  Recent releases include:
Buena Vista (2008)
Radio Songs (2007)
The First Christmas Gift (2005)
Deeper Waters (2004)
Visions of Love (2002)
In The Company Of Strangers (2000)
Devil Of A Dream (1998)
Sugar For Sugar (1996)
Appeared with:

Garrison Keillor , Bill Monroe, Tom Paxton, Emmylou Harris,  Del McCoury Band,  Doc Watson, Ralph Stanley,  John Hartford,  John McCutcheon,
The Seldom Scene,  Mary Chapin Carpenter, Kathy Mattea

Recorded with:

Mary Chapin Carpenter,  Iris DeMent, John McCutcheon, Garrison Keillor

Concerts & Festivals:

>From California to New England, Montana to Texas, and beyond to Scotland, Denmark, and Ireland

Television, Radio & movie appearances:

A Prairie Home Companion (Disney Channel & PRI & movie)
Austin City Limits (PBS)
Nashville Now (TNN)
The Grand Ole Opry (WSM)
All Things Considered (NPR)
Mountain Stage (PRI)
Great Performances-Garrison Keillor at Tanglewood (PBS)
New Years 2007 - Alive at the Grand Ole Opry (PBS)

PARKWAY PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH

3707 SANTA FE ST., CORPUS CHRISTI, TX,
852-7349

Encouraged Donation

Kids over 18 ~ $15 Kids under 18 ~ $10
 Coffee and other refreshments available
No Smoking Please

LOOK WHO ELSE IS COMING!!!!!

APR     19   ROBIN & LINDA WILLIAMS (The price for show only will be $15/adults)
MAY      3   CLIFF EBERHARDT